27 Sep 2022
For your photography or video website to be always available on the Internet you are going to have to contract a series of services and one of them is hosting for photographers. As we know that this is a somewhat complex matter, in today’s article we want to clear up all your doubts about hosting for photographers and explain to you how with Arcadina you will not have to worry about hiring an external photo storage for your digital business.
“In Arcadina we help you to solve all your doubts about hosting for photographers”.
- What is hosting for photographers?
- What types of hosting can you find on the market?
- How can you choose the best cloud for photographers?
- Differences between hosting and domain
- Arcadina and hosting for photographers
- Are you already clear about hosting for photographers?
- Arcadina goes with you
What is hosting for photographers?
When we talk about hosting for photographers, it is nothing more and nothing less than an online service that you have to hire additionally when you want to create a website. This extra service allows users (i.e. your ideal clients) to access the content of your website at all times (text, videos, photos, etc.). That is why it is important that when choosing which type of cloud for photographers you are going to hire, it has the necessary space to store all your photographs and is powerful enough for your website to be available on the web 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
In other words, you could say that hosting is a photo storage rental service that will allow you to publish your photography website with all its content on the Internet. There are many types of cloud services for photographers, let’s take a look at the most important ones.
What types of hosting can you find on the market?
For your website to work on the Internet, you need to hire a cloud service for photographers, but before doing so, you must take into account that you will find different types of hosting on the market. Let’s take a look at some of them:
- Shared: this is usually contracted by small businesses that are starting out in the digital world or for their own personal use. Although this alternative is usually quite economical, the website in question will have to share the available space and contracted resources with other clients.
- VPS: this stands for “virtual private server” and in this mode the server is still shared with other customers. The difference with the previous case is that the platform will partition the cloud for photographers. To use this option it is necessary to have some technical knowledge.
- Cloud: in this modality, the provider will offer you a series of servers, so that when one of them is full, your information will be transferred to another one. In this type of photo storage, it is more complicated to estimate what it will cost you.
- WordPress: this company offers you a version of what we have called shared hosting. In order to use it, your website must be made with them.
- Hosting with dedicated server: in this modality you will have your own server at your disposal and you will be able to configure it to your liking. This type of hosting is usually more expensive and requires advanced technical knowledge at system administrator level.
Depending on the amount of content you want to upload to your website, the level of technical knowledge you have and the budget you want to spend, you will have to choose one hosting for photographers or another to make your photography website work on the internet.
How can you choose the best cloud for photographers?
Once you are clear about the different types of photo storage available on the market, in order for your website to work properly you need to choose one of them in particular. To help you make this decision, we have created a simple checklist that we believe can help you decide.
Recommendations for choosing the best photo storage
1. Avoid free hosting: if you want to make a serious living from your photographs, don’t put your online business at risk just to save a few euros a year. Look for a cloud that offers you guarantees.
2. Uptime: sometimes, some cheaper hosting cannot guarantee 100% uptime. This means that sometimes your website will not be available. This is a very important point that you have to control if you want your website to be always visible.
3. Security: make sure that the hosting provider you want to hire complies with all the necessary security measures. Remember that you are going to put your entire digital business in their hands.
4. Increase storage: as the content you upload to your website grows, it is likely that if you have started by hiring a low-capacity image storage, over time you will have to expand it. Make sure from time to time that your cloud has enough capacity to hold all the content of your photography website.
5. Technical support: in addition to taking into account the capacity and reliability of the hosting you are going to hire, sometimes doubts or small problems may arise. Having an effective help support will save you a lot of headaches.
6. References: if you are still not sure which hosting to hire, do some research on the Internet, look for testimonials and talk to colleagues who have been running their website for a longer period of time to get their advice.
If after these recommendations you are not sure what type of hosting to hire or simply do not want to complicate looking for a hosting for photographers. In Arcadina we take care of all these steps for you.
Differences between hosting and domain
When creating your digital business, you are going to have to hire a series of services to get it up and running and from experience we know that, especially at the beginning, there is often confusion with some terms. Here are some of them:
- Website: platform where your website will be hosted, for example Arcadina*.
- Hosting for photographers: server with sufficient capacity to host the content of your site.
- Domain: name (URL) you choose for your digital business.
* In Arcadina you don’t have to hire any hosting, we take care of everything and if you already have a domain we will help you to configure it with your current provider.
To help you choose the best domain for your digital business, we recommend you visit the following article.
Arcadina and hosting for photographers
With Arcadina both the service of creating your website and the storage of your photos will be covered. We are going to take care of those more technical issues so that you can just focus on organising the content of your photography website.
In the following link you will find answers to all your questions about the different Business and Web plans that you can contract with us.
If you have not yet tried our business solutions, we encourage you to enjoy them for 14 days at no cost. Totally free of charge.
Are you already clear about hosting for photographers?
As you can see, when creating a digital business, in addition to having a professional website, you will need to hire a hosting for photographers that gives you a certain reliability and is committed to hosting all your photographs.
At Arcadina we offer you the possibility of not having to worry about all these formalities and focus all your efforts on creating a professional website for photographers that reflects your full potential.
On this occasion, before we say goodbye, we are going to share with you the testimony of the photographer Jordi Bosser.
To conclude this interesting article on hosting for photography and video professionals, we would like to know your opinion: What type of cloud for photographers do you think is the most appropriate for your photography business? We will help you to solve all your doubts in the comments.
Arcadina goes with you
Fulfil your dreams and develop your professional career with us. We offer you to create a photography website for free for 14 days so that you can try our platform without any commitment of permanence.
Arcadina is much more than a website, it is business solutions for photographers.
If you have any queries, our Customer Service Team is always ready to help you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. We listen to you.