30 Dec 2021
If you have a photography business we know that you are already aware of the importance of knowing how to make the right digital marketing budget to improve the different areas of your business. Digital marketing doesn’t have to be a mystery and that’s what we want to talk to you about today.
Digital marketing can be made up of several strategies and given the complexity of these strategies, proper management and planning, together with a digital marketing budget, will be the key to not wasting your resources or your money.
In the last year, many companies have already realised its importance and have started to invest in the digital world. Without a doubt, if you know how to take advantage of this powerful tool, it will be the one that will make your photography business grow in 2022.
If you are thinking of carrying out digital marketing actions to improve the different fields of your photography business and you don’t know how to make a good digital marketing budget, at Arcadina we are going to give you some tips so that you can develop an effective marketing budget model.
But before that, let’s look at what exactly a marketing budget is and why it is so necessary to plan it correctly.
- What is a digital marketing budget?
- Why make a marketing budget for your photography business?
- What does a marketing budget depend on?
- How to make a digital marketing budget for your photography business
- Creating the right digital marketing budget will get your photography business off the ground
- Open the door to your photography business
What is a digital marketing budget?
A digital marketing budget is nothing more and nothing less than a design where you are going to specify all the tools and resources you need to improve your photography business. This plan should be expressed in monetary terms, detailing specific time periods.
The success of your digital marketing plan will not depend on large monetary investments, but on a detailed analysis of a series of factors of your business, such as, for example:
- Study your business.
- See where you are.
- Where you want to go (in the medium to short term).
- See where you want to go (in the long term).
- Set a series of achievable goals.
- Establish a marketing budget.
Therefore, your digital marketing budget should contain all the money that your photography business intends to invest in the marketing actions that you want to set to improve it. Some of these actions can be: social media, SEO, SEM, content marketing, advertising, website, etc.
Why make a marketing budget for your photography business?
So, to the question.
“Do you need a marketing budget to improve your photography business?”
The answer is a resounding yes. What’s more, drawing up the right budget to improve the marketing of your digital business is going to be a fundamental step if you don’t want to waste time and resources on actions that won’t return benefits – that don’t maximise ROI (Return on Investment).
Therefore, a successful digital marketing plan is achieved through proper planning and cost estimation and by defining, in the best possible way, your marketing budget.
What does a marketing budget depend on?
As we told you earlier, investment in digital marketing by companies has increased over the last year and the trend is set to continue to grow. However, digital marketing is a sector in continuous growth and evolution and, therefore, it is necessary to keep yourself constantly updated.
The marketing budget depends, to a large extent, on the type of business you have. For example:
- If you have a photography company or business that has just launched, your digital marketing objective will be to make yourself known and create a brand image, in order to attract the first customers.
- And if you have a photography business that already has an established image in the photography industry, your digital marketing goal may be to build customer loyalty and protect your market share.
Therefore, depending on the business stage your photography business is in, the objectives of your digital marketing plan will be different and consequently, the investment for your marketing budget will be different.
Here’s how you can make the right digital marketing budget for your photography business.
How to make a digital marketing budget for your photography business
Knowing how much capital you are going to invest in digital marketing for your photography business is important, but deciding exactly how you are going to spend that money is even more important. To manage it properly, you need a plan outlining all the costs you need to incur in order to achieve the digital marketing goals you set out in advance. And that’s just the digital marketing budget.
Here are some ideas:
>> Email marketing campaigns for photographers: 5+1 tips to get them to open all your mailings
>> Tips for a correct social media communication strategy
>> How to create a professional photography blog?
With your marketing plan on the table, you are now in a position to follow these steps to make the right marketing budget.
Steps to a marketing plan
- Indicate the marketing objectives you want to achieve following the SMART rule: specific, measurable, achievable, relevant and measurable over time. It is best to set short, medium and long term milestones with associated dates.
An example of a SMART goal for your photography business is to increase sales by 25% over the next 3 months or to capture 500 new leads (contacts or sales opportunities) over the next month.
- Analyse your previous digital marketing spend (if you have one). If you have a previous budget, refer to it to find out what you spent on each strategy and, most importantly, what results you achieved.
In case you don’t have a previous marketing budget, keep in mind that once you are clear about your objectives, you will have to decide the estimated cost of each of the actions, tools, platforms or professional software that you will need and that are also an expense.
- Define each item in your marketing budget. Your budget must reflect all the marketing strategies that you want to carry out in your photography business, such as: having a professional photography website, creating a brand, carrying out email marketing campaigns, investing in advertising on social networks and search engines – SEM, organic positioning – SEO, etc.).
Once you know what your digital marketing goals are and how much you are going to invest in each of them, it is recommended that you set aside a portion of your digital marketing budget to be able to make adjustments or changes in the development of your digital marketing plan.
Creating the right digital marketing budget will get your photography business off the ground
As you can see, creating a digital marketing budget is important to avoid wasting the resources of your photography business. And as a last recommendation, we also advise you to plan a follow-up of the performance of each item of the marketing budget to check that you are really achieving the objectives you have set yourself.
Among your goals for next year, if you still don’t have a website in Arcadina, don’t think about it any longer. Create a professional photography website to give the best service to your clients, start now!
Today we would like to share with you the experience with us of the photographer Ernest Prieto.
>> Celebrating 5 years with Ernst Prieto
Before we say goodbye, we would like to ask you a question: Have you already planned your marketing strategy for next year? We would love to read your ideas in the comments.
Open the door to your photography business
Fulfil your dreams and develop your professional career with us. We offer you to create a photography website for free for 14 days so that you can try our platform without any commitment of permanence.
Arcadina is much more than a website, it is business solutions for photographers.
If you have any queries, our Customer Service Team is always ready to help you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. We listen to you.