2 Nov 2023
If you are thinking of taking the plunge and creating a digital photography business, the first thing you have to think about is hosting for photographers, because for your website to be always available on the Internet it is important that you contract a series of services such as the website, hosting, the domain, the business area, etc.
In Arcadina we are well aware that this is a matter that is sometimes quite complex and somewhat delicate, so we wanted to clear all your doubts about what is the best hosting for photographers. Anyway, if what you want is not to worry about these issues, you can do it with us.
Find out which is the best hosting for photographers and solve all your doubts here.
- What is a hosting for photographers and why do you need one?
- Types of hosting you can find on the market
- Recommendations for choosing the best cloud for photographers
- At Arcadina we help you choose the best hosting for photographers
- Choose the best hosting for photographers and start shaping your digital business
- Headache for your photography business? Take an Arcadina
What is a hosting for photographers and why do you need one?
When we talk about hosting for photographers, it is nothing more and nothing less than an online service that you have to hire additionally when you want to create a photography website. This tool is necessary to be able to store all the content that you put on it, including the applications that you use for its operation. This extra service allows users to access the content of your website at all times (texts, videos, photographs, etc.) and also to make purchases of photographs. That is why it is important that when choosing what type of cloud for photographers you are going to hire, it has the necessary space to hold all your images and is powerful enough so that your website and business are available on the web 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
In other words, you could say that hosting is a photo storage rental service that will allow you to publish your photography website and your business with all its content on the Internet. There are many types of cloud services for photographers, let’s take a look at the most important ones.
When defining hosting, it is important that you take these concepts into account:
This will undoubtedly be one of the main points that you will have to take into account when looking for storage for the content of your website, especially the photographs that you upload to your image gallery and those that you may have for sale in your business area. Having an optimal storage capacity will make your website load in a reasonably fast time.
This term refers to the number of visits that your website will be able to support. This type of parameter is more sensitive for larger and more popular websites with more than 100,000 visits per day.
This parameter will be important because your website will be a clear reflection of your brand and an important part of your sales.
The speed with which your website and its content loads will be fundamental to improve the user experience and the SEO positioning of your website.
SSL security brings reliability to your website and confidence to users who want to enter it.
The use of a faster server is also important to take into account in order to improve SEO positioning and user experience.
When deciding on one hosting or another there are more parameters to consider but these are the ones you have to take into account the most.
Differences between hosting and domain for photographers
As we mentioned at the beginning, when setting up your digital photography business, you are going to have to hire a series of services to get it up and running and from experience we know that, especially at the beginning, there is often some confusion with some terms. Here are some of them:
- Website: platform where your website will be hosted, for example Arcadina.
- Hosting for photographers: server with enough capacity to host the content of your site.
- Domain: name (URL) that you choose for your digital business and that will have to be representative of your brand.
To help you choose the best domain for your digital business, we recommend you visit the following article.
In Arcadina you don’t have to hire any hosting, we take care of everything and if you already have a domain we will help you to configure it with your current provider.
Types of hosting you can find on the market
For your website to work properly on the Internet, you need to hire a cloud service for photographers, but before doing so, you must take into account that you will find different types of hosting on the market. Let’s take a look at some of them:
- Shared: this is usually contracted by small businesses that are just starting out in the digital world or for their own personal use. Although this alternative is usually quite economical, the website in question will have to share the available space and contracted resources with other clients.
- VPS: this stands for “virtual private server” and in this mode the server is still shared with other customers. The difference with the previous case is that the platform will partition the cloud for photographers. To use this option it is necessary to have some technical knowledge.
- Cloud: in this modality, the provider will offer you a series of servers, so that when one of them is full, your information will be transferred to another one. In this type of photo storage, it is more complicated to estimate what it will cost you.
- WordPress: this company offers you a version of what we have called shared hosting. In order to use it, your website must be made with them.
- Hosting with dedicated server: in this modality you will have your own server at your disposal and you will be able to configure it to your liking. This type of hosting is usually more expensive and requires advanced technical knowledge at system administrator level.
In short, depending on the amount of content you want to upload to your website, the degree of technical knowledge you have and the budget you want to spend, you will have to choose one hosting for photographers or another so that your photography website can function properly on the internet.
3 reasons to have a web host for your photos
Choosing a good hosting for photographers is essential, especially if you are in the business of doing business with clients through your website via public and private galleries.
In addition, the SEO positioning of your website will be directly related to the type of hosting you have contracted.
The hosting will also influence the user experience of your visitors, because no matter how good your photos are, if they take a long time to load in your galleries, customers will quickly leave and look for other alternatives.
Recommendations for choosing the best cloud for photographers
Once you are clear about the different types of photo storage available on the market, in order for your website to work properly you need to choose one of them in particular. To help you make this decision, we have created a simple checklist that we believe can help you decide.
Chechlist for choosing the best hosting for photographers
1. Avoid free hosting: if you want to make a serious living from your photographs, don’t put your online business at risk just to save a few euros a year. Look for a cloud that offers you guarantees.
2. Uptime: sometimes, some cheaper hosting cannot guarantee 100% uptime. This means that sometimes your website will not be available. This is a very important point that you have to control if you want your website to be always visible.
3. Security: make sure that the hosting provider you want to hire complies with all the necessary security measures. Remember that you are going to put your entire digital business in their hands.
4. Increase storage: as the content you upload to your website grows, it is likely that if you have started by hiring a low-capacity image storage, over time you will have to expand it. Make sure from time to time that your cloud has enough capacity to hold all the content of your photography website.
5. Technical support: in addition to taking into account the capacity and reliability of the hosting you are going to hire, sometimes doubts or small problems may arise. Having an effective help support will save you a lot of headaches.
6. References: if you are still not sure which hosting to hire, do some research on the Internet, look for testimonials and talk to colleagues who have been running their website for a longer period of time to get their advice.
If after these recommendations you are not sure what type of hosting to hire or simply do not want to complicate looking for a hosting for photographers. In Arcadina we take care of all these steps for you.
At Arcadina we help you choose the best hosting for photographers
With Arcadina both the service of creating your website and business as the storage for photos you are going to have it fully covered. We are going to take care of those more technical issues so that you can just focus on organising the content of your photography website, selling photographs in your business galleries and photo shoots in your Booking section.
In the following link you will find answers to all your questions about the different Business, Web and Booking plans that you can contract with us.
Choose the best hosting for photographers and start shaping your digital business
As you can see, when creating a digital business, in addition to having a professional website, you will need to hire a hosting for photographers that gives you a certain reliability and is committed to hosting all your photographs.
At Arcadina we offer you the possibility of not having to worry about all these formalities and focus all your efforts on creating a professional website for photographers that reflects your full potential.
On this occasion, before we say goodbye, we are going to share with you the testimony of the photographer Jordi Bosser.
To conclude this interesting article on hosting for photography and video professionals, we would like to know your opinion: What type of cloud for photographers do you think is the most appropriate for your digital photography business? We will help you to solve all your doubts in the comments.
Headache for your photography business? Take an Arcadina
Fulfil your dream of becoming a professional photographer with the help of our business solutions. Now you can create a website and business for free for 14 days with no commitment of permanence.
Thanks to Arcadina’s business solutions for photographers, your business headaches will disappear.
If you have any queries, our Customer Service Team is always ready to help you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. We listen to you.