30 Jun 2022
If you are looking for information on which are the best domains for photographers, today we are going to talk to you about this topic.
Whether you are a photographer with years of experience and want to create another photography website to expand your work options, or if you are just starting out in this profession and want to start your online business. Knowing in advance which are the best domains for photographers will be essential for you to make the right choice.
Find out which are the best domains for photographers right here.
How to find the best domains for photographers?
When it comes to finding the best domains for photographers, it is important that you take your time. Think that the domain you choose may be with you for most, if not all, of your career as a photographer. Given so much time, it doesn’t hurt to spend a couple of days to find the perfect domain for you.
The vast majority of the domains that big name photographers have chosen have several things in common that you can use to find your own. Some of these aspects are:
- The domain will be the name that will represent you on the Internet. It is important that it has something implicit in it that identifies your type of work or your brand.
- Avoid convoluted names or combinations of swear words, strange characters and numbers as far as possible.
- Keep the domain name short (no more than 15 letters) and easy to write and remember.
- Check that the domain you like is not already being used by someone else, either in your sector or in any other profession.
- And if they are already using it, dismiss from your mind the idea of using the same domain with a different ending.
If, as we imagine, you are currently looking for the best domains for photographers to create your own digital business, the following article of our blog will help you to make the best decisions.
More tips on choosing the best domains for photographers
Need even more help finding the best domains for photographers? Here are a few more recommendations.
- Create a list of all the names you can think of for your domain.
- Take a look at the most used domains in sectors that have nothing to do with photography. From them you can get great ideas and inspiration for your own domain.
- When choosing the domain name, you can use your brand name and add your profession or type of reportage you want to specialise in.
- Avoid names that are too generic and try to enhance your personal brand.
Types of extensions for your domain
The domain of your online business will consist of 2 parts. The first one we have already talked about and it is precisely the name you are going to choose for your domain. And the other part is the extension or ending with which you want your domain to end.
With us you will have a number of domains at your disposal, such as:
- Generic (.com, .net, .org, . org, …).
- Geographical (.es, . it, . mx, .com.ar, . fr, . co,… ).
- Special (.photo, .wedding, .art, .pro, .fashion ,…).
When it comes to choosing one, think first about the one that best suits the personality of your digital business.
Let’s look at some examples of extensions:
Are you already clear on all the steps to find the best domains for photographers?
If you are already clear about all the steps to be on the list of the best domains for photographers and you already have a clear idea of the domain you want to represent your new photography project. You can start today to forge your new future by creating a professional and specific website for photographers.
And if, as we imagine, you are starting your career as a professional photographer, these 2 articles that we are going to share with you will be very useful.
If you want to start with Arcadina and you already have your domain contracted, we will help you to configure it with your current provider so that it works with our web service.
And if you prefer to transfer your domain to our servers and we take care of its management and renewal, you can also do it. Contact Arcadina.
On this occasion we would like to say goodbye with the testimony of the photographer Efrén Valiente.
And to finish this article, tell us. We’d love to know which are the best domains for photographers that you think work best? We’ll read you in the comments.
Arcadina goes with you
Fulfil your dreams and develop your professional career with us. We offer you to create a photography website for free for 14 days so that you can try our platform without any commitment of permanence.
Arcadina is much more than a website, it is business solutions for photographers.
If you have any queries, our Customer Service Team is always ready to help you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. We listen to you.