7 Jun 2022
The online shop and client area are spaces that allow you to do business on the Internet and are the best tools to keep your virtual photo studio open 24 hours a day, every day of the year (even on holidays 😉).
With the arrival of the new Arcadina Plans, there are many questions about where the online shop and the customer area are at the moment in Arcadina. That’s why today we’re going to talk to you about these two important areas of your website.
“With Arcadina’s online shop and client area, forget about putting in extra hours in your photo studio. They will work for you.”
- Online shop and customer area: the best way to do business
- What is an online shop for photographers?
- What is a client area for photographers?
- Why are the online shop and the customer area presented separately?
- The online shop and the customer area in your management panel
- Exclusive advantages of the online shop and the customer area for single customers
- Improve your business with the online shop and the customer area
- Arcadina goes with you
Online shop and customer area: the best way to do business
The online shop and client area are, without a doubt, the best way for your photography business to offer you much more profit from each photo shoot without putting in more hours of work. Yes, we have been saying it for a long time (and many of our clients who are already using them too), thanks to the online shop and the client area you can continue to do business while you spend your time doing whatever you want. Thanks to:
- Online shop: where you will have a space fully prepared to sell your photographs, products and services 24 hours a day. And forget about hanging the closed sign in your studio.
- Client area: designed so that your clients can enjoy a much more professional and versatile service where they will be able to view, select and purchase their photographs without having to meet you in person.
Now let’s take a closer look at all the advantages the online shop and the customer area have for you.
Before explaining all these issues, we would like to clarify that if you already have a website on another platform, you can contract any of our Business plans that include the online shop and the customer area.
And if you do not yet have a professional website, the best complement to the online shop and customer area is undoubtedly the Web plan.
What is an online shop for photographers?
The word itself indicates it, the online shop is a space where customers and visitors to your website can buy: photographs in digital format, printed images in professional formats (Arcadina Labs), photo shoots, photography courses, products and any other idea you have and want to offer for sale.
The good thing about having a shop that is always open is that you will be able to continue doing business at any time of the day or night. Another advantage of including an online shop on your photography website is that your reach on the Internet will be unlimited.
Can you imagine that one of your photographs can be bought by a client on the other side of the world? Yes, the online shop eliminates all the barriers that may exist in your photography studio.
What is a client area for photographers?
If a moment ago we were talking about all the benefits you can get with an “always open” shop, the customer area is not far behind.
With a private area on your website, you can forget about having to book a specific number of hours per week to meet your clients and give them the pictures of their photo shoots. With all the inconveniences that this usually entails:
- Your clients may have very long working hours.
- In most cases you have no choice but to meet them at weekends.
- You can’t offer as many hours of sessions as you would like because you have to set aside several days to attend to your clients.
- You have to take leisure time away from the family.
All these problems are solved once and for all with a single tool. A fully integrated and functional customer area on your photography website.
Because thanks to your customer area, you will be able to offer a multitude of additional services to your customers thanks to the galleries of: sample, display, selection, download, purchase or with multiple options so that they can place all kinds of orders whenever and wherever they want.
Why are the online shop and the customer area presented separately?
The answer is very simple, the online shop and the customer area are differentiated on your website so that you can offer a better and more satisfying user experience to your customers and visitors.
Another great new feature that comes with the new plans is that you will be able to manage your clients and the different galleries in the same space in your Management Panel.
The online shop and the customer area in your management panel
After several years of having the online shop and the customer area completely separate in the dashboard, it has become clear to us that merging them will allow you to do so:
- Simplify work processes.
- Find the information you need faster.
- Have a much simpler and more functional workspace (management panel).
Here are some of our help articles that will help you to get around the new online shop section and the customer area of your management panel.
Block actions that will help you save time
If you were already an Arcadina customer, you will know that before the launch of the new plans, in the old management panel you had a section dedicated to the shop and another to the private customer area.
On the one hand, this idea was very practical, since you had two totally separate spaces to work in. But in the long run we have seen that certain processes were duplicated, for example, when you wanted to make some kind of consultation or modification in: formats, price lists, discounts, means of payment, watermarks, labels, etc.
That’s why now, if you go into your Management Panel you will see a single section for Shop and Customer Area to consult and manage these two public and private sales spaces.
Create as many Client Galleries as you need
Another option available to you in the 6 Business Plans (Aperture, Exposure, Focus, Flash, Gamma and Magnum), is that you can create client galleries as you see fit.
This option is perfect if you make several types of photographic reports and you don’t want to show them to your clients in the same space. Let’s give you an example.
If, for example, you are a destination wedding photographer, a trainer and in addition to shooting weddings all over the world on your travels you take the opportunity to shoot and sell landscape images, you can consider the following approach to your online business:
- Private client galleries for wedding couples.
- Public gallery 1 to sell your wedding photography training to other photographers.
- Public gallery 2 to sell photographic prints for decoration and
- digital downloads of images of the most beautiful places on the planet to any type of visitor.
Exclusive advantages of the online shop and the customer area for single customers
As we mentioned in this article, with the new plans you can contract the business area (online shop and customer area) separately from the website (website and blog).
Because not all photographers are the same and much less your business approaches. Since a few weeks ago in Arcadina you can create the photography business you want.
- Automatic sales and exclusive services for customers: with any of the Business plans you will be able to offer online sales.
- Professional website: if you are looking for a platform that adapts to your profession as a photographer, that allows you to be the owner of your website and to be able to position yourself in the first positions of Google, the Web plan will undoubtedly be perfect for you.
- Online business and website: if you want to be able to explain your services, show your portfolio in a professional way, offer your clients a series of private galleries where they can interact with their photographs and have online sales. Of course, the Business and Web plans will meet all the requirements you are looking for in the same space.
Improve your business with the online shop and the customer area
With a separate online shop and customer area in your online business and a single, well-defined space on your dashboard, your time in front of the computer will be considerably reduced and your revenue will increase as you offer more interesting solutions to your customers.
Today we thought it would be interesting to share with you the experience of the photographers from Haizue Fotografía.
And to say goodbye, here’s today’s question: How do you get even more out of the online shop and customer area of your photography business? We’d love to read your ideas in the comments.
Arcadina goes with you
Fulfil your dreams and develop your professional career with us. We offer you to create a photography website for free for 14 days so that you can try our platform without any commitment of permanence.
Arcadina is much more than a website, it is business solutions for photographers.
If you have any queries, our Customer Service Team is always ready to help you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. We listen to you.