5 Apr 2022
The 2022 communion campaign is here. April and May are the months of greatest flowering, the days are gradually getting longer, the warm clothes are being left in the wardrobe and the light, in the late afternoon, is ideal for outdoor communion photography.
This spring season is the ideal time to organise the reports prior to the long-awaited day of communion. If you know how to plan them well and get the most out of them, communion photos can become a great source of income for you.
If you have not yet fully defined your 2022 communion campaign, in this article we are going to give you 5 tips and a series of recommendations that will help you to finalise these very profitable temporary sessions.
“There is still time to plan your communion campaign 2022 and secure a large part of the revenue for the coming months.”
- How can I organise my communion campaign 2022?
- What considerations should I take into account in this communion campaign 2022?
- How can I find inspiration and new ideas for communion photos?
- What can you do with Arcadina to make your communion campaign 2022 a success?
- Plan your 2022 communion campaign today!
- Arcadina goes with you
How can I organise my communion campaign 2022?
When it comes to establishing how you are going to carry out the 2022 communion campaign, you can follow these 5 guidelines that we are going to explain to you below.
- Set the dates for your communion campaign 2022.
- Create special packages for communions.
- Detail what your first communion photos will be like.
- Reserve these months only for this type of sessions.
- It offers children’s reports adapted to all types of families.
1# Set the dates for your communion campaign 2022
It is essential that you define this point well so that you don’t get your fingers caught with the dates and have all the communion photos of your clients ready on the planned date.
As a general rule, communions usually begin at the end of April and end at the beginning of June. That’s why, if you want to specialise in taking communion photos before the big event, the ideal thing to do is to launch your 2022 communion campaign several months* in advance. This way, parents will be able to schedule their children’s photo shoot with plenty of time to spare.
* Please bear in mind that for the communion photos to be taken, the costumes must be ready and delivered beforehand. Talk to the families to make sure that all the dates are finalised.
The trendiest thing in terms of first communion sessions is to do them before the day of the ceremony. This way the children can enjoy their celebration even more that day and the parents can use the photos of the session for reminders or to make some kind of special detail for the family.
2# Create special communion packs
As with other types of reports, with the 2022 communion campaign, you should ideally have a series of packs established and detailed.
If you don’t want to complicate things too much and you also want to follow marketing trends and recommendations, you can create 3 packs:
- Basic package: this will be the cheapest package of all where you can include only the photo session and a certain number of printed photos.
- Recommended package: as a general rule in marketing, it is advisable to offer 3 options and bet on the intermediate one as the most recommended package. Here you can include, in addition to the photo shoot, the delivery of more photos and a photo album.
- Premium package: for select clients who want a much more special souvenir of this photo session of their children. In this pack you can include a double session in studio and outdoors, a series of printed and digital photographs, the photo album, reminders for the family and an enlargement.
Although working with packs is always much more practical and quicker, you can always leave the door open for them to ask you for a personalised quote. They can give you big surprises 😉.
3# Define your communion photos
When advertising your first communion sessions on your website, social networks or online ads, it is important that you present and explain your first communion photos in detail. Try to highlight some detail of your work that makes you stand out from other first communion photographers in your area. To do this, think about what kind of reports you want to offer this year and plan ahead: the locations you are going to go to if you do outdoor sessions, studio decorations, varied and different props from previous years, extra services, etc…
- For the communion sessions in the studio you can determine: the number of sets you are going to use in a day of reportage, detail how the backgrounds will be, what kind of props you are going to use, who is going to be able to participate in the session, etc.
- And for outdoor first communion photos, you can look for a series of locations near your studio that stand out for being more natural environments. Or even schedule a personalised outdoor session so that the parents can surprise the first communion child with one of their hobbies.
4# Other photo shoots at communion time? No, thank you
The communion campaign, together with the Christmas campaign, are the most frenetic of the year. You have 2 or 3 months ahead of you of non-stop sessions, editing photographs and preparing photo albums in record time.
In order not to get your fingers caught, try not to fill your agenda for those months with other reports. This way, you will have plenty of time to edit the photographs and if you see that you have enough time, you will even be able to take more communion photos of late parents who always come to your studio at the last minute.
5# Photo shoots for children who are not making their first communion
Yes, this is another business idea that many communion photographers are already promoting in recent seasons.
The truth is that there are many families who decide not to celebrate their children’s first communion in a religious way. But in many cases, they do want to organise a party for them like the rest of their friends. Or they simply want to keep a memory of their child at this stage of their life.
For those families who decide not to celebrate the first communion, you can plan a special pack. Because the truth is that the age of 9 is a time of change for all children and taking advantage of this time of change to have a photo session can be a great selling point.
What considerations should I take into account in this communion campaign 2022?
When planning your communion campaign 2022, keep in mind a series of tips that we are going to give you below:
- When it comes to organising the set in the studio. Look for accessories, props and backdrops in neutral colours that go well with both the girls’ dresses in lighter tones and the boys’ outfits in brighter, darker colours. This will save you time when setting up the studio for a communion photo shoot.
- For outdoor sessions. Make it clear to the parents where you are going to take them and the care they will have to take with the communion costumes. If you think that the children may stain their costumes, warn them in advance to avoid any possible unpleasantness and suggest to the families a session in street clothes so that the children can enjoy the reportage and play freely.
- Make it clear who will be able to participate in each photo session. And if you consider that images with the family are going to be an extra, explain this before the photo shoot. And if you want to include them in the session, let them know in advance so that the parents and siblings come prepared on the day.
- The final products are also important. If you are going to offer several models of albums, different types of reminders and detailed packaging. It is important that you explain it and show it before your clients hire you.
How can I find inspiration and new ideas for communion photos?
If this year you want to stand out from the rest of your colleagues and you want to innovate in your first communion photo sessions. We encourage you to do so and we recommend you to take a look at how other first communion photographers in your area work.
A very good idea to renew or update your first communion photography style can be to look for inspiration in other photographic references.
- Take inspiration from the greats. Research which photographers who do communion photography can become your references and study their portfolios to get ideas that you can adapt to your own photo sessions.
- Follow foreign photographers. Often, it is good to look for these references outside Spain. See what trends are followed in other countries and if they can fit in with your own style.
- Look for ideas for communion photos in other disciplines, such as wedding photography, fashion photography, book photography or even landscape photography. Take the best of each speciality and adapt them to the way you work.
What can you do with Arcadina to make your communion campaign 2022 a success?
Once you have defined your 2022 communion campaign in detail, you can show it and increase your budgets with a series of extras thanks to all the business solutions for photographers that you will find in Arcadina.
For example: front page advertisements, service pages, communion galleries, private client area, online shop to sell the sessions at any time, printing of communion photographs in more special formats (Arcadina Labs), etc.
At Arcadina you will find all the business solutions you need to make your next communion campaign much more profitable and satisfactory than in previous years.
Plan your 2022 communion campaign today!
So now you know. If you are still finalising the details of your communion campaign 2022, get ready and help yourself with all these recommendations to offer a communion pre-reporting service that really attracts your clients.
“Communions are just around the corner, do you already have your communion sessions well planned?”
On this occasion, we would like to share with you the experience in Arcadina of photographer Omar Huerta, who in addition to shooting newborns, babies, families and weddings, also offers communion photos on his website.
And as usual, to say goodbye, a question: how are you managing your communion campaign 2022? We’d love to find out in the comments.
Arcadina goes with you
Fulfil your dreams and develop your professional career with us. We offer you to create a photography website for free for 14 days so that you can try our platform without any commitment of permanence.
Arcadina is much more than a website, it is business solutions for photographers.
If you have any queries, our Customer Service Team is always ready to help you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. We listen to you.