14 Jul 2022
Selling free photos with download is the future of the photography business. Because being able to do a photo shoot of any style and having a website for selling images both publicly and privately, will give you the possibility to have much more time for yourself and get more income at the end of the month.
If you want to know how to increase the sale of free photos on your website, in this article we are going to give you a few keys so that you also know “how to sell my photos online”.
“Take advantage of free photo sales to climb even higher in your photography business.”
- How can I promote the sale of free photographs?
- How to create a website for selling free photos with download?
- More tips for selling photos with download
- What are you waiting for to start selling free photos in your online business?
- Arcadina goes with you
How can I promote the sale of free photographs?
When promoting the sale of free photos in your digital business you can implement a number of business solutions that will help you solve the question of how to sell my photos effectively.
We are going to introduce you to some of them:
- Web for sale of images.
- Private galleries with access for your customers with the option of: presentation, display, selection, download, sale or multiple.
- Public galleries for all the public who come to your website, also with the possibility to create different options, such as: presentation, sample, selection, download, sale or multiple.
Can I make money with a website for selling downloadable images?
Of course, the idea is that with a website for selling images with download, you can, on the one hand, present your photographic reports to certain clients and, on the other hand, have the double option of selling your images online both to those who are already your clients (private galleries) and to those who are not yet clients (public galleries).
Another service that you and your clients will have at your disposal that will allow you to generate passive income (without having to do anything), is the printing of professional formats of Arcadina Labs. Here we leave you all the information.
In the following article we give you some more ideas to inspire you.
How to sell my digitally downloaded photos without paying commissions to third parties?
Another special feature of the Business and Web plans that we offer at Arcadina is that everything you get from the sale of your photographs, products and/or services will be entirely for you.
Especially in the stock photography sector, there are a multitude of websites, platforms and image banks on the market where you can sell your images, but at a high cost to you and that, frankly, is not in your interest when you have the possibility of discovering how to sell my photos without paying commissions to third parties.
How to create a website for selling free photos with download?
If you are sure that what you need is a website for selling images, these are some of the features you will have to take into account to make it work perfectly.
- Design adapted to your photographs.
- Professional galleries where your images become the main protagonists.
- Services page where you can explain how you work.
- Biography section to introduce yourself and connect with your audience.
- Private galleries to show your customers their images and give them the option to continue shopping for more products and services related to their photo shoot.
- Public galleries to sell your images and services online to other potential clients.
- Feedback page where you can collect testimonials from your customers and create a bond of trust with your visitors.
- Contact page with a customised form adapted to your service and customer prototype.
Of all these features, the ones that will undoubtedly help you the most to promote the sale of free photos are the private and public galleries. Let’s take a look at them in a little more detail.
Private photo gallery with digital download
One of the main functions of private galleries is to be able to offer your clients a space where only they can see, select and buy the photographs they like the most of their photo reportage at any time and comfortably from their homes.
This sales tool is also very useful for you, as it will free up a large number of hours that you used to spend on showing the images of the session to your clients.
Public gallery for downloadable or printable public photo gallery
If you do sports shoots, landscape photography or simply want to offer some of your photos for sale, the public galleries will allow you to do so.
Thanks to the many options offered by the public galleries, such as, for example:
- Sale of files in different sizes and licences.
- Arcadina Labs service, so that anyone can buy a professionally printed photo of you and have it delivered to their home without having to contact you.
- Possibility to search your public galleries, e.g. by bib number and use the quick purchase option.
These are just some of the advantages of having the option to sell images, products and services 24 hours a day in your online business.
Examples of clients selling free photos that are doing very well
Over the last few months, we have done a series of compilation articles on various specialities within photography with clients who are doing very well with the sale of free photographs.
Here are some of those posts to inspire you and draw your own conclusions for creating a website to sell images.
More tips for selling photos with download
When figuring out how to sell my photos in the most effective way possible, it is important to take other aspects into account, for example:
- To have a design adapted to your type of work, to be able to customise it to your liking and change it whenever you want.
- Have a functional shopping cart with multiple options for your customers to shop comfortably.
- To be able to keep track of your sales, orders, customers, etc.
- If you have customers from several countries, a multilingual website will be a plus to ensure sales.
- Facilitate contact with your potential customers by means of: forms, shortcut buttons, WhatsApp or by providing your contact details.
What are you waiting for to start selling free photos in your online business?
As you can see, if you plan to sell free photos in your online business, you can make your photo shoots even more profitable and have a lot more time for yourself.
Would you like to learn more about selling free images? Here are some more articles for you to see all the business options you can create with us.
On this occasion we are going to share with you the opinion of our new ambassador Joan Vendrell, we are sure you will find his interview very interesting.
And to say goodbye for today, here’s our question: What actions do you take to promote the sale of free photos in your online business? We’d love to hear from you in the comments.
Arcadina goes with you
Fulfil your dreams and develop your professional career with us. We offer you to create a photography website for free for 14 days so that you can try our platform without any commitment of permanence.
Arcadina is much more than a website, it is business solutions for photographers.
If you have any queries, our Customer Service Team is always ready to help you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. We listen to you.